Friday, August 22, 2008

Amish Country

What can I say? Pennsylvania was fascinating to me!We visited the Amish community in Lancaster County
and the girls got a kick out of the town's name!
I enjoyed viewing the simplicity of life that these very caring people live.
Cornfields abundant. This country is not having a shortage of corn. It was a peaceful sight.
Here is an Amish farm. I thought of it often while enduring the hustle and bustle of NYC the next four days of our trip. We bought some delicious food from the farmers market here.
I would definately want to visit this part of the country again.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a peaceful life the Amish must live. Growing their own food, working hard and keeping to their beliefs. Great pictures, it's like being there. I'm glad you enjoyed Virginia when you passed through. :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

oh my that makes me homesick