Saturday, September 27, 2008
1. Coffee and frozen pizzas can be made on a BBQ grill.
2. No matter how many times you flick the switch, lights don't work without electricity.
3. My car gets 23.21675 miles per gallon, EXACTLY (you can> ask the people in line who helped me push it).> >
4. Kids can survive 4 days or longer without a video game> controller in their hand.> >
5. Cats are even more irritating without power.> >
6. He who has the biggest generator wins.> >
7. Women can actually survive without doing their hair- you> just wish they weren't around you.> >
8. A new method of non-lethal torture- showers without hot> water.> >
9. There are a lot more stars in the sky than most people> thought.> >
10. TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are> painful.> >
11. A 7 lb bag of ice will chill 6-12 oz Budweiser's to> a drinkable temperature in 11 minutes, and still keep a 14> lb. turkey frozen for 8 more hours.> >
12. There are a lot of dang trees around here.> >
13. Flood plane drawings on some mortgage documents were> seriously wrong..> >
14. Aluminum siding, while aesthetically pleasing, is> definitely not required.> >
15. Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the> sound of 14 generators.> >
16. People will get into a line that has already formed> without having any idea what the line is for.> >
17. When required, a Lincoln Continental will float,> doesn't steer well but floats just the same.> >
18. Tele-marketers function no matter what the weather is> doing.> >
19. Cell phones work when land lines are down, but only as> long as the battery remains charged. > >
20. 27 of your neighbors are fed from a different> transformer than you, and they are quick to point that out! > >
21. Hampers were not made to contain such a volume. > >
22. If my store sold only ice, chainsaws, gas and> generators... I'd be rich. > >
23. Price of a can of soup rises 200% in a storm. > >
24. Your water front property can quickly become someone> else's fishing hole. > >
25. Tree service companies are under appreciated. > >
26. I learned what happens when you make fun of another> states’ blackout. > >
27. MATH 101: 30 days in month, minus 8+ days without power> equals 30% higher electric bill????? > >
28. Drywall is a compound word, take away the> "dry" part and it's worthless. > >
29. I can walk a lot farther than I thought. > > > > >
compliments to *Mrs. Jenny Billot* for her insight!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
It will turn beautiful burgundy soon.
They never got any bigger than this. Did I buy miniatures?
Fall is in the air and I am loving it.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Thanks Joy this one was fun! Thanks for sharing...
You should do it too!
Just copy and paste the 200 statements then bold the ones you have done!
Hope you enjoy it!!
The idea is to highlight the things you have done out of the 200 items on the list.
The things I have done are in bold print and larger letters!
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby's diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said "I love you" and meant it
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don't
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone - verbal not physical
67. Bounced a check
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people
108. Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe.
113. Buried a child
114. Seen David Cook in Concert
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in an historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking
144. Learned how to take a compliment
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunch box
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma
188. Built a camp fire
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200.commented on Marcia's Blog
Monday, September 15, 2008
More Mexican Petunia!
Obedient plant that is as obedient as my teenager! ha
My one and only gerber daisy bloom all lonely in her pot.
Cosmos from some seeds that I planted this spring.
MORE cosmos with a very interesting color...
Wonderful cinnamon basil
Purple passion vine growing like a beast on my tower! Gotta Love it..
Purple berries are popping up on my american beautyberry.
Yummy for the birdies! Eye candy for me!
I guess from looking at all my blooms the best ones are purple this September.
Here is a list of some of my bloomers that I did not include pix of:
- crepe myrtles
- turks cap
- russian sage
- autumn sedum
- red cascade rose
- zephrine rose
- old blush climbing rose
- morning glory
- butterfly bushes
- blue mist flower
- hot lips
I cannot wait for October and Pumpkin time!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Maybe Roby will get them hung next week!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
The flowers are heavenly.
I cut 2 roses for my vase today.
Hurricane Ike is headed this way...rainy all weekend. Still lovin it. Check back on Sunday I will probably be out in the MUD!
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Saturday, September 06, 2008
red salvia that arrived on its own, and my favorite grass as a backdrop
I planted cosmo seeds this year, 100's of them and this is what I got....
red hot pepper, too hot for my family so it sits and shrivels
We had a short short cool front midweek and it made me want fall so so much. I want to see pumpkins and mums..............
Bring it on!!!
Friday, September 05, 2008
Truly magnificent art and architecture!
Such beauty and grace. The peace lingers with you even after you have been gone.
I think about this place and know that our country will be back on track one day.
This circus we are in right now will begin to focus on what is truly necessary to have peace.
I end my vacation with this quote in mind...
Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process,
gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers,
quietly building new structures. John F. Kennedy
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Peace! What we hope for! Freedom is what she stands for.
It was an interesting trip to see our National Monument. Most of the people surrounding us spoke a different language than us. We felt like foreigners in our own country. Unfortunately, we did not stop at Ellis Island. It was packed on this particular day. We did capture a few nice photographs and get a great view of the city.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
We called our folks and told them to tune in
Monday, September 01, 2008
We rode the ferris wheel inside the store and got the cabbage patch car which was by the way cute but it was not the scooby doo or even sponge bob. We went around and around and even saw a wedding taking place on the top floor. Can you imagine getting married in a ToysRus.
Here is an awesome part of the store. The lego department was so cool. This empire state building was made of 10's of thousands of legos. I could have stayed here all day.
Times Square was my least favorite place in NYC. We could not figure it out. We
loved the Toys R Us Store but other than that it was dirty, and tooooooooo congested. Next time I would skip it. Little Italy is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we were so excited and were having so much fun we did even take one photo. ha