Friday, September 05, 2008

Washington DC

The Washington Monument was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry impressive.The President of all my book reports and research throughout school.
This is a bench we passed on our way to the Library of Congress.
I felt it's strength.
Truly magnificent art and architecture!


Such beauty and grace. The peace lingers with you even after you have been gone.
I think about this place and know that our country will be back on track one day.
This circus we are in right now will begin to focus on what is truly necessary to have peace.

I end my vacation with this quote in mind...

Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process,
gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers,
quietly building new structures. John F. Kennedy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the wonderful architecture & history of DC. I've been there a couple of times and always feel in awe!