Monday, September 15, 2008

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day September 2008

Gardening in Texas this summer has been tough. Most of my plants did not perform as they have in the past. I am really going to have to work the soil this fall. Today is a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the upper 70's. I love it and I am looking forward to the fall weather.
Here is a view of my Mexican Bush Sage.
It is large, full, and cheerful.
The best performer in the garden.
Strawberry Globe Amaranth, Pavonia, and the Mexican petunia
that decided this year it would take over a large portion of my walkways. I will definately be weeding some of these out.
More Mexican Petunia!
Obedient plant that is as obedient as my teenager! ha
My one and only gerber daisy bloom all lonely in her pot.
Cosmos from some seeds that I planted this spring.
MORE cosmos with a very interesting color...
Wonderful cinnamon basil
Purple passion vine growing like a beast on my tower! Gotta Love it..
Purple berries are popping up on my american beautyberry.
Yummy for the birdies! Eye candy for me!

I guess from looking at all my blooms the best ones are purple this September.
There are so many more that I didn't not photograph because they look
scraggly.

Here is a list of some of my bloomers that I did not include pix of:

  • crepe myrtles
  • oleanders
  • turks cap
  • russian sage
  • autumn sedum
  • salvia
  • zinnia
  • red cascade rose
  • zephrine rose
  • old blush climbing rose
  • morning glory
  • anicanthus
  • pomegranate
  • tomatoes
  • butterfly bushes
  • blue mist flower
  • hot lips

I cannot wait for October and Pumpkin time!!

3 comments:

Carol Michel said...

A very intersting garden, full of good blooms, in spite of that terrible Texas weather. Thanks for joining in for bloom day!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I love the complementary red & blue flowers. I guess that Ruellia is even more agressive that Ruellia humilis. It's hard to rip out something that is so obliging with blooms. Tower? What tower? I don't see a tower?

Shauna6pack said...

Of course I remember you! I've been lurking on your blog for some time. Thanks for visiting mine! And thank you for all the wonderful flower pictures. I'm trying to get more educated about gardening--slowly but surely!