Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Beehive YIKES!




Yikes! Look what I found in our oak tree today! I was sitting on the front porch and thought I saw a bird's nest and went to see why there were so many bees around it! Oh no!! What to do now!
Who ya gonna call! Beebusters!


I called hubby at the Firestation and he said don't worry about it. Then I sent him this photo. He then told me that one of the guys at the firestation is a beekeeper and he will be out Thursday to pick up the bees!! Wow! That is gonna be fun! I hope I am here to see it. I cannot imagine why in the world they would want to come here to our tiny tree. I am guessing maybe they lived in the area next to me that a developer came in and cut all the trees down to build more houses. Poor wildlife is just being pushed around. Oh yeah, yesterday I saw a baby deer in the clearing between the trees of the green area outside the kitchen window. And the day before a turkey trotted by on the lot behind us probably looking for a mate. It is nice to live out by nature for a little while longer and then a developer will come in to take over the land.
Wish me luck with my bees!!

1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

That would bee scarey,it would also bee interesting to watch and wouldn't it bee sweet if you got honey, dear:) xcould not resist How fun to see the wild life, how tall was the turkey / I have seen them at the nature center taller than myself.