Sunday, April 22, 2007

Beautiful restful somewhat boring day

poppies upview of poppies

downview of poppies (double)



fountain with rose petals



different angle with some larkspur on the side

Jerusalem Sage

plants to plant

Easter decor














scared cows

our backyard











This is my backyard. It is coming around nicely. The grass is struggling but the flowers are awesome. The gardens have come a long way. The area to the right where all the tall meadow is the designated wildflower native texas area. I am trying each year to let it reseed and see what comes of the natural area. Before this neighborhood was developed, it was filled with wildflowers and fossils and of course birds. Today the cows broke loose and were eating almost all the way to the rock wall of our house before I took lilann out on the leash and she played cowdog. She chased them away and they were mad. Here is the photo I took when we got back.








Roby and I went on a long 2 hours hike today in the area they are developing to the north of us. It is going to be a large neighbor hood. The creek is beautiful, we even saw some fish. Lil'ann got a work out and so did we. I planted some of my buys from yesterdays venture to Hares Nursery off Division street. She did not fail me. As usual she had all the awesome plants and great deals. To get there take 820 exit Lancaster, go east thru Handley, then continue on for a way, go under the cooks ln bridge and she will be on the right hand side of the road before the curve. It is worth the trip. Great deals, great flowers, nice people.!!!! Roby dug the hole and put up the birdfeeder his dad made for me. It is just like I had on Parkhill, I was so excited to get it up. The hummers have been fighting at their feeders, I am going to try and get a pix of them soon.









I am still fighting the sadness of this weeks tragedy. It makes me miss Ben sooooo much. I truly feel for those families. Their children are innocent victims of a horrific sicko! Why can we not reach out and help these people before they do stuff like this. There has got to be more that can be done for mental patients. There has got to be help! To many tears and sadnesss for such young kids that are just trying to make something of themselves. I am sad.














1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

Wow, you have such a pretty restful place. Cool aerial view. I always love different perspectives on things like you do too : hands ,feet, flowers from looking up etc.. I will have to go to Hares if I catch a moment week after next. Oh, I think I am having a Garage sale that first weekend in May if you or Barbara are interested in joining or anything. Next week Richie and Britni walk for Graduation, so we will be traveling Thurs-Sat. I am so saddened too by the senseless massacre at VT and just wish the same as you that the stigma for mental health could not be so bad that people won't get the help they need and that we could all reach out……... this world is a tough enough place to live w/o friends and the proper care we can get from professionals. I saw in the Parade today that we have a natural inclination to be restored by nature..... I know you and I have always felt that. I hope others pick up on that and connect w/ God through nature and feel restored too. Thanks for your post and lovely pictures.