Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday

I awoke so early all this week and was hoping for some extra rest since it is Saturday. Well, not my luck. I was bright eyed at 5am. Up to make coffee, and read the paper. Boswell lost the game. So sorry for those guys, I know they so wanted another win. Next week, big game, the first time ever, Boswell and Saginaw play. I hear it is gonna be standing room only.
I decided to do some laundry and then braved the great outdoors. It was quite nippy outside, but the lawn was in great need of a good mowing. Hopefully, the last mowing of the season. Ha! Wishful thinking, if this weather continues we will be mowing until January. It took forever to mow and blow, next year I need more flowers for sure. They are much less maintenance. The cosmos are absolutely gorgeous. And my mum gets more beautiful every day. I even had a Zephrine rose blooming on the arbor. I would like to cut down my lantanas to the ground but I am holding out for now. The ground is so dry, we need rain.
After I dropped Baylee off at her friends house, I went by to see mom at her garage sale. She had her first sale by herself today and made a killing. I am so glad for her because I didn't see much but it turned out to be a bundle. Goody!!! After she closed the sale at 2 we waited for Kylee and Luke, that never happened, the visit was cancelled after we waited 2 hours Kylee called and told us she couldn't come, her Daddy had to go somewhere. Bummer!! This is getting old. Anyways, so then mom and I watched a little tivo, Oprah, yipppee! It was doctor Oz. I like him, he taught us a lot. I want his book!
Then I left and Baylee called and wanted food. So I stopped at the Texas Pit (YUMYUM) and got us both a sliced brisket sandwich. More laundry. Check email. Remember Richie's Reception Jan 6. Work on Puzzle. Called and checked on Ben. He was having fun and too busy for me so he will call me back. Ha! I am reading a book I got from mom at the garage sale and I love it. It is about Lillian Carter spending time in the Peace Corps at the age of 67. What a lady! I love the book. It is a journal and letters from the time she spent in India in the middle 1960's. Away from Home: Letter to my family. So far it is wonderful. I think after this update, I am off to read again.
I just love relaxing on Saturday.

No comments: