Saturday, April 19, 2008

Salvaged Poppies

Yesterday when I was in the garden I picked up some of the poppy buds that were beaten off during the storm and tossed them in the fountain. This morning, much to my surprise, they all opened up and bloomed. I was excited that I had unknowingly saved them and now I can enjoy the blossoms. Here are some of the broken poppies that I rescued yesterday.
These are so huge that you cannot even see the angel holding them!

It was a beautiful afternoon today. I finally managed to wash off the porches that were covered with debris from the storm. I actually have hail that is still not melted. Maybe after tomorrow it will all be gone. I am not to sure the vegies are going to make it they look so so sad today.

1 comment:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Woohoo!!!those are beautiful!!!