Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Monday mosey

My Snowball bush in the front yard is in its glory! This is its 3rd year and I am loving it. The blooms start out lime green and turn white as they mature. Viburnum is definately worth its weight in gold.
Waiting to be potted is this beautiful, vibrant geranium, Burgandy Regal Geranium. I was given this by my wonderful Mother-in-law (fellow gardener) for Easter. I simply love it and hope it does well in the pretty pot my mother gave me.
Pictured here is the Old blush in the front side yard that jumped the fence. It was planted the first spring that we moved into our home in 2005. I am pleased with how well it has adapted. I am not pleased with how the neighbors continue to cut off the side that is growing in their direction. It is lopsided now because of this, so I am thinking of just training it into an archway over the gate. The sweet smell is addicting.


Here is the load of rocks that I gathered. These are the leftovers from all around the new developing areas. I walked and lifted and loaded to save these from being buried under dirt. I am going to use them to make a border for my NE side garden.


This is my May Night Salvia that I saved from my aunts garden before she moved from her house. The butterlies and hummingbirds just love it. This flower is very hardy and takes very little water.
My homestead purple verbena (I think that is what it is called) is putting on quite the show this year and is borderline overwhelming to the other plantings around it. I do appreciate the color it adds to the garden.

4 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I also love the viburnums. You just can't beat them for big impact blooms in the spring!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Anonymous said...

I thought south Arkansas, where I garden, was about the same climate-wise as your area, but your garden indicates otherwise. We have some of the homestead purple verbena showing in gardens around here, but the roses and purple salvia have yet to kick in around here. You've given me a glimpse of what to look forward to in the coming weeks.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

wow Gorgeous!!!! i am very impressed Maybe i want to get a snow ball where would Iget one

marcia@joyismygoal said...

thanks for the visit R has the day off fri and Mon i go w/ my sisters