Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Snippet from the book I am studying

"The past lives in you as memories, but memories in themselves are not a problem. In fact, it is through memory that we learn from the past and from past mistakes. It is only when memories, that is to say, thoughts about the past, take you over completely that they turn into a burden, turn problematic, and become a part of your sense of self. Your personality, which is conditioned by the past, then becomes your prison. Your memories are invested with a sense of self, and your story becomes who you perceive yourself to be. This "little me" is an illusion that obscures your true identity as timeless and formless Presence." Eckhart Tolle

Deep stuff, I know but oh so helpful in life.

We have to learn to live without carrying around regrets, hostility, guilt, and resentment. Imagine how light we would be if we would just LET IT BE!

Okay I will now step off my soapbox and practice just letting it be.

No comments: