Sunday, June 15, 2008

Garden bloggers bloom day June 2008

Here in my Texas garden color is getting harder to find. It has not rained in weeks and the flowers do not like it one bit. The June weather feels like August and I am struggling to keep things alive and happy. Camera was not cooperating so bear with the following photos.
Passion flower in purple is going crazy right now and I just love it. It doesn't care that it has not rained and that it will probably hit 100 degrees today. There is something so special about this flower.

This baby cardinal has bloomed out this week but its sibling decided to be a no show.


Here is some purple phlox that my MIL shared with me.


Oleander is happy too! I just love the color of this one.

My crepe myrtles are just now starting to burst into color.

I believe this is gloriosa daisy (rudbekia) and I totally forget what the purple is.


Here by my blue bench is the wonderful elderberry my MIL passed along.

My yellow butterfly bush is shooting up like it is on steroids.

Wild sunflower nature planted and I let live. This plant is over 6 feet tall.


Purple coneflower in pretty form.

Here is the plate sized blooms of my red hibiscus.

Unbelieveable that it decided to have its first blossoms this morning on bloom day.


Brazilian verbena and purple coneflower with the beautiful mexican feather grass.

Pink and purple rule my garden right now. Here is my hardy lantana and yarrow.

Vitex. The camera refused to catch the beauty of this bush. It is vivid purple all over. My MIL dug this up a few years back, so it was about 1 foot tall. It grows quite fast in this area and takes no care at all.






I do have a few roses showing now. This is the zephrine rose.

Zinnia from the seeds I planted in May.

Last but not least is the indigo spires.

Thanks for stopping by on bloom day. Thanks to Carol for having this day. I have learned so much from gardeners around the world. Be sure to stop by and look at her beautiful gardens.

http://maydreamsgardens.blogspot.com/




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Cottage Garden too! I can't believe your Crepe Myrtles are already in full bloom. Mine won't bloom for at least another month. I'm so jealous. Your flowers are beautiful. Please check out my first Garden Bloggers Bloom Day post at http://perennialgardenlover.blogspot.com/

emmat said...

Gorgeous! Especially jealous of the oleander and the hibiscus. Your mother in law sounds like a jewel - she can come and give me plants and dig my garden anytime!

Carol Michel said...

I've been reading about how hot and dry Texas is right now. Your blooms look wonderful, considering the conditions.

Thanks for joining in for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I do not believe you that the flowers do not like this weather yours are soooo pretty You deserve an award

Roses and Lilacs said...

Your garden is lovely. I especially like crepe myrtles. I had several when I lived in AL. Can't grow them in IL. Miss that wonderful watermelon color.
Marnie