Monday, June 23, 2008

birds and caterpillars

My baby left me last friday. I went to check the nest and he flew the coup. Wow they grow up so fast. This is the last photo that I took of him on the 18th. Here is the cute(?) little tomato hornworm that has been stripping the leaves from my tomato plants. Ha...today I photographed him and then sent him to the trash. Is he smart enough to get out of the trashcan before he fries this afternoon. I do not know. I will be looking the garden over for some of his friends when they decide to emerge.
Today we are in for another 100 degree day. I put out 4 more bags of mulch and I have the soaker hose running. We did receive some much needed rain last Thursday but not near enough. The grass does look alot better, but where I was weeding this morning it was so dry like the desert. I am looking for that rain filled cloud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess now you are an empty nester? :) Just kidding. I hope you get the rest of those caterpillars so they don't devour your tomato plants.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I just saw i had totally shriveled pots UGHH Thanks again for your kind words but will that caterpillar still be a butterfly?