Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vacation Beach Day

This is a portion of Malibu Beach. around the cliff (bluff) is where some movie stars have made their homes. They have a beautiful view. Baylee and I browsed around until we came across a sign painted on the rocks that said "TURN AROUND" so we turned around, because you know how I am a boring rule follower. Here we are at the base of the Point of Dume. This is where the tidepools are. We found sea urchin and the guys went aroung the other side and found starfish. It was tough on the feet because of all the clams on the rocks.

While Baylee and I were exploring the beach, the guys disappeared. When we returned we found them climbing the side of the Point of Dume. Click on the photo to blow it up big and if you look closely you can see Roby in his white Tshirt and jeans about 2/3rds of the way up and then Ben is at the top. I couldnt believe my eyes. Why would a 46 yr old man follow his son, he said "If Ben could make it up, I could too!"
Baylee and Roby are checking the waters for snorkeling, unfortunately it was too rough that day.
Here is Baylee showing how the ocean waves have eaten away at the rock and formed a work of art by nature. The high was in the 70's but we still managed to get a pretty nice sunburn, even though I was constantly putting on sunscreen.


1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

wow so pretty and relaxing fun, I love the ocean waves they are so restorative to me. i think i have been on that drive and saw that sign i am serious, small world Huh?:>