Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back in town

Vacation was awesome. Leaving Ben far away for 4 months was not awesome. We took the long way home and had some great adventures and lots of cooler temps while Texans roasted in the first 100+ days of the summer. So sorry I missed it. ha!!! I took over 200 pictures and will share them a little at a time, since I am so busy recovering from all the fun there is not much free time. Plus the garage is full of Ben's apartment stuff that he didnt need in Colorado, I will need to sort thru for the upcoming garage sale.
This is where Ben will be spending the next 4 months. He is loving it! Rancho Cucamonga is a nice small town. The town is nicely landscaped and looks like Southlake. He is enjoying IN N Out burger, which is our favorite.Camping at Dogwood in Rimforest was fun, cool and refreshing. There were so many bluebirds and goldfinches I could have watched them all day.
Here is Ben and Baylee on a tree trunk we found while hiking.
Ben found what he called a tiki pole and tried to put it in the fire.
Baylee is tall on this BIG rock.
A lizard with a blue tail that Ben found. It seemed every animal in the California mountains had blue on it somewhere.

More coming!!!

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Wow!! sooo fun, welcome home That sounds nice to be in cooler temps. You will miss him, but maybe it will go fast. Will he be done by Christmas? I think you brought cool temps w/ you On a serious note can i be in a garage sale w/ you when I will have one in NOv-DEC I hope you do one sooner and will let me in:> please??!!! Oh by the way You missed my shoe count how many do you have?:>

Joyismygoal said...

love the Lizard and tiki log pictures, and all,that is so Ben isn't it? :> The area looks soooo nice