Friday, July 27, 2007

around my house

Here is what is going on around my house.......they are putting in the road behind us. They are making a mess of the land. My wildlife has scattered for the moment. UGH!This machine makes a lot of noise digging in this wonderful fossil filled land, unearthing the cattle ranch. It gets pretty smelly at times. I find it interesting when I am hiking around searching for that perfect fossil, how different the land is around this small area. There are certain areas that are solide gray rock, I mean solid!!! I would never want to build my home there because nothing would grow. Then there is the area with the numerous fossils, and white rock, and then there is cow poo smell land ( that's the good stuff).

Here are some of the fossils I have found. I am making a fossil garden.

The view from our back porch.



The purple grass is my favorite new thing that I planted this year. So wispy!

My crape myrtle trio that will one day block the sun from our back porch windows.




Beautiful vitex that was passed along at from Seleta's garden. 2 years ago it was only 6" tall. Boy this thing grows fast. I wished I had planted the whole back fence with it.





Where we sit on cool evenings, which amazingly has been quite often this summer.
More views later.





1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

So pretty. I love your yard, you have created a beautiful view, it looks like a nice place to spend some time. Cool fossils!! I want to see those up close. Why is it tha tsome times as in dirt and cheeses the good stuff is smelly (but not people:)