Saturday, May 03, 2008

Fort Worth Botanic gardens visit

I visited the Botanic garden today. It is the oldest botanic garden in Texas. I was searching for peace and found beauty as well. I love the old trees and reflecting waters. There were a lot of people enjoying the magnificent land and I was so happy to see people out in nature away from the hustle and bustle.
This is a stone that is curved by nature's flow of the water.
Turtles out enjoying the spectators attention.
I liked this cedar post with a climbing rose. I think I may attempt this in my garden.
I met a friend staring from above.
Pretty Pecan tree
I just love the solidity of the roots. It make s me feel grounded!
This tree has been around 200 years or so.


Next trip I will be scouting flowers!!!

3 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

That was so peaceful and lovely I hope you found what you were looking for --we love that tree w/ the crocodile roots

Barb said...

I enjoyed these immensely! I am a huge fan of Pecan trees myself. In fact, I love in an old Pecan Orchard in southern GA.

Barb said...

Oops, I really must preview more often, I live in an orchard! hahaha.