Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beautiful day to spend in the garden

This morning after my morning coffee I strolled the garden to see what was new or might need my attention. I told myself I was just going to enjoy and not work. I was overcome with temptation and started pulling bermuda and other unwanted items from the walkways. Then I drifted to the potting bench to find my hand spade. I then started digging up some passion vine for to pass along to my newfound gardening friend who happened to move in across the street. Yay, finally someone else that is interested in gardening. She stopped in last week for a tour of the gardens and asked if I had any passalongs to please bring them over. Well of course I have plenty so I am preparing a goody basket. I noticed she got herself a load of compost today and is busy putting it out. On with my morning, after much distraction from my other neighbors wild retirement party, I continued on with my manic gardening. Poor hubby weedeated the yard for 2 hours and my daughter mowed. I did transplants, washing down, weeding, and planting. Now I am exhausted and sunburned. A great stroll in the garden filled a day with pleasurable work. What do folks without gardens do with their time?

1 comment:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

BLOG :) How fun to have a gardening buddy I would love some pass alongs too:) my backyard needs some love ........the front is blooming so pretty