Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blueberry pickin


Roby and I went down to Houston to visit Ben this weekend. We found a blueberry farm and went picking. I have never been blueberry picking and I absolutely loved it. The bushes were loaded. They tasted yummy. I was surprised there was not an admittance fee. You pay for what you pick and that was cheap, $1.50 a pound. We ended up getting only a little less than 3 pounds. I would have picked more but they have to be kept cool and we didn't bring the ice chest. If they are still there for our July trip I will be bringing the ice chest. They are the largest blueberries I have ever seen. In fact, the supermarket never has blueberries like these. This morning I made me some blueberry pancakes. YUMMY!!!!! I will be giving some to my parents and Roby's parents. I wish I had more because I have been snacking on them all day. I might make blueberry muffins later. I found them on my garden web website. They are at www.pickyourown.org . There are lots of different places to pick all kinds of fruit. Blueberries make you smart, so I better go eat some more.




1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

Yum Yum How fun! I No neid blewbarry's for branes 2. :0