Friday, January 12, 2007

Declutter with Flylady

I have been working vigorously for weeks now and I am making progress. Here are some tips from the flylady about getting rid of stuff.

What to declutter? Things to ask yourself as you get rid of your clutter:

1. Do I love this item?
2. Have I used it in the past year?
3. Is it really garbage?
4. Do I have another one that is better?
5. Should I really keep two?
6. Does it have sentimental value that causes me to love it?
7. Or does it give me guilt and make me sad when I see the item?

We have just lived in this house for 2 years and it has already been filled up.
I am aiming for organization and empty shelves for 2007.

My head is still swelling on the forehead from yesterdays clutsy move. I have to be more careful, I was just excited about getting my bargains home and seeing how they look. I am such a kid with new toys.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

what clutzy move? oh, we love Fly lady:)

Love My Cottage Garden said...

I didn't lean down far enough when trying to load my bargains in the car and I slammed my forehead against the car. Oweee!