Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bulb planting time

This past weekend I managed to squeeze in a little time to finally plant my new bulbs for next spring. I bought them from the southern bulb company. They are supposed to be Texas grown heirloom bulbs that naturalize in the heat and humidity. I planted some Texas Star, Jonquil, Grand Primo, and Snowflakes. The guys that run this bulb farm in south texas are Aggies and they work really hard at what they do, running around the state digging up bulbs that are in abandoned houses or thriving on the roadsides and old historic locations (that sounds exciting, I would love to go on an antique bulb hunt) and then planting them to produce more. Their website is www.southernbulbs.com. There is a fun blog there where they report the work they are doing and so on. In the spring, I will post some photos of the flowers from this weekends planting. Tomorrow is halloween, and it is supposed to be 80 degrees, that will be nice for the kids but then it would be awesome to get a November cool down.

1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

I think planting bulbs is such a moment of hope don't you? i am having a Garage sale in 2 weeks will you join?