Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sunshine and 70

Baylee and Roby in the goofy mode!

I was made for this kind of weather. Monday the gutter guys arrived and put up the guttering on the east side of the house. Now I can finally make a side yard by the rock wall. Yesterday I put out about half the top soil and thru out some poppy seeds. It is late for that but I thought I would try anyway and see what happens. I love to experiment in the garden.

Mom and I have been working nonstop at the candle store lately getting some much needed remodeling in. It is looking great. I really need to fill my time up because I find myself drifting to thoughts of April, Kylee and Luke. If I keep busy it makes time pass and I am sure they will be calling soon.

Baylee got a car. She gets her license in 2 weeks. It is a cute little starter car and she is fixing it up. I am so scared to have her on the road without me. I do think that letting the kids drive has been the hardest part about having kids so far. Ugh!!! Danger lurks on those streets. A lot of her friends are choosing the wrong direction (popularity and partying) so she has been left standing a lot lately. I just hope she continues to choose the high road and not give in to the peer pressure of drinking and stuff. Teenagers have it tough, with lots of important life choices to make, one mistake and it could change their whole life, addictions are hard to beat.

1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

they look like they are having fun !!I am glad you got a warm garden day what happened to our winter checklist:)