Friday, November 09, 2007

A perspective

I was cruising the internet looking for some peace and sweating the small stuff (like I have a tendency to do) I came across the following thoughts of lessons I basically already know but I want to have them at my fingertips so that I can refer back at a moments notice:

Lessons by Dale Wolf:

Put things in perspective.

Think about what’s really important, and stop worrying and whining about the rest.

Here are some things that in the big scheme of things are not that important:

You don’t like your boss. You don’t like your job. Stop complaining. Do something to change things. Realize that there are people just like you at other companies complaining about the exact same things.

A friend hasn’t returned your phone call. Get over it. Call them back. Calling friends shouldn’t be a game that involves scorekeeping.And speaking of scorekeeping…don’t. It’s not about whose turn it is.

Life ain’t fair.

Stop complaining about how busy or not busy you are. Accept that your life is probably the way it is due to choices you’ve made, Acknowledge this or make new choices. (I wonder how long it takes to see the effects of making new choices, is it immediate or does it take awhile? I am very impatient) ha

There are worse things than being 10 pounds overweight. (Tell that to the jeans that are about to squeeze the life out of me)

People don’t pay as close attention to you as you think they do.

If the dog eats the strudel, it’s not a real crisis. It’s only strudel.

Now I tell myself this all the time but I need to practice practice practice!


1 comment:

Joyismygoal said...

Stop complaining about how busy or not busy you are. Accept that your life is probably the way it is due to choices you’ve made, Acknowledge this or make new choices. (I wonder how long it takes to see the effects of making new choices, is it immediate or does it take awhile? I am very impatient) ha I can accept this now oh and I give you permission to buy new jeans you look amazing:>

Are you guys joining me for Garage sale?