Friday, July 04, 2008

Repairmen do not work on the 4th of July

Always trust your gut instinct. The minute you second guess yourself you will end up regretting it. A few weeks ago I noticed that our fridge was making a louder sound than usual. So I asked hubby(who is hard of hearing) if he noticed any difference and he responded "No, that thing has always run loud." I thought, well not that loud, and then passed it off that I was just being ultra sensitive to sound. The loudness continued, so then I decided to vacuum it even though it had just been a couple of months ago that I had done that. Well, there it was still loud as ever. Hubby goes to work this morning and I go out to weedeat some of the yard. I come in dying of thirst and hit the ice button and get ice mixed with water. What the heck is up with that? I open the freezer and everything appears moist, then I open the ice cream and it is liquid. Bingo, I was right, something is definately wrong with this refrigerator and I had not listen to it cry out for the fridge doctor. Luckily, we bought from Best Buy and we were smart enough to buy the 5 year warranty. By the way, this is our second fridge since we moved in here in Dec 2004. They do not make them like they used to. In our first house, in 1986, we bought a fridge when we moved in and it lasted 15+ years. Moving on, I called Best Buy warranty and they proceed to tell me a repairman will not be out until July 8th. UGH! Bye bye food. Fortunately, the warranty covers the food up to $200. So not a total loss.
Here is my son's college mini fridge that I brought in from the shed. We will be living like college students for 5-6 days. So much for those gourmet meals.
My advice....always pay attention to that gut feeling or you may end up like me on a holiday weekend. Always buy the warranty on a fridge.

1 comment:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Oh I am soooo sorry did you go beg your Moms for help storing frozen stuff